Am I Eligible?
All students who are enrolled in their last degree requirements should apply for graduation for that semester.
Before You Apply to Graduate:
Before you apply to graduate, you will want to:
- Review your Degree Audit
- All items should have a green checkmark or a yellow diamond (be in progress).
- Overall and Major GPA must be above a 2.0.
- If you believe you have completed degree requirements but still see a red “x” on your degree audit, please submit the Degree Audit Course Shift form as found on our Advising Forms page
- Think about applying any grade exclusions. Grade exclusions cannot be applied after submitting your application for Graduation. You should only use a grade exclusion if that class is not being counted toward your degree.
- Declare any minors and/or review with that Minor Coordinator what is needed to certify the minor.
How to Apply to Graduate:
You may complete the Graduation Application by logging into MyPack Portal and then clicking here.
Once successful, you should see the following note display:
“You have successfully applied for graduation.”
The CSC Department and College of Engineering will review your application and will only contact you if there is an issue.
When Can I Participate in Commencement?
Students who are eligible to apply for graduation in Spring are able to attend the May Graduation ceremony for both the Department and the University.
Students who are eligible to apply for graduation in Summer I, Summer II, or Fall are able to attend the December Graduation ceremony for both the Department and the University.
Students may not participate in commencement before they are eligible to apply for graduation. Exceptions are not made to this policy.
Grades are not typically submitted until after the commencement ceremonies, so all students are “candidates for graduation” until their grades are certified.
General Information About Commencement:
- The University Commencement Ceremony is usually in the PNC Arena. You do not need to let anyone know if you will be attending. There is no limit on the number of guests you may invite; tickets are not required. Line-up will be at 8:30 am by colleges on the north side, lower-level, delivery entrance of the Arena.
Important semester-specific details about commencement are available at:
- The CSC Department Diploma Ceremony for Fall 2023 is planned for Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 4:00 pm Eastern in Reynolds Coliseum. There is no limit on the number of guests you may invite; tickets are not required. Line-up will begin at 3:15 pm. We typically also offer a live stream of the entire event at go.ncsu.edu/csc-diploma.
- Caps & Gowns *must be worn at both* the University and the Departmental ceremonies, and may be purchased at the NC State Bookstore. If you now have or *expect to have* by the end of this semester:
- 3.25 to 3.499 GPA, you may also purchase a white Cum Laude sash;
- 3.5 to 3.749 GPA, you may also purchase a silver Magna Cum Laude sash;
- 3.75 to 4.0 GPA, you may also purchase a gold Summa Cum Laude sash.
All honors sashes (*optional*) may also be purchased.
More information regarding Graduation can be found here: https://studentservices.ncsu.edu/your-degree/graduation/